Are you ready to take the first step towards your next great adventure?
Discover the exotic animal life and underwater sights that lie just beneath the surface while you experience the weightless feeling of diving underwater with the NAUI Tandem Diving Experience!
The NAUI Tandem Scuba Dive is a premiere, private, one-on-one scuba diving experience for anyone who would like to try scuba diving before deciding to get certified. Unique to NAUI, students may opt to experience scuba diving in an open water environment such as local dive sites rather than a local pool.
- With a one-to-one participant-to-Instructor ratio, NAUI Tandem divers receive 100% of the Instructor’s attention throughout the experience
- Participants receive the training and skills necessary to make a supervised open water dive, to a maximum depth of 40 feet (12 m)
Tandem Diving Cost: $50.00
If you are interested in exploring our underwater world for the first time but are not sure if signing up for scuba diving is quite for you yet, the NAUI Tandem Diving Experience is for you. Contact us for more details or to schedule a tandem dive any weekend during dive season or on any dive trip we offer.
Participant Frequently Asked Questions for the NAUI Tandem Diving Experience
- What is the minimum age for someone to participate in the Tandem Dive Experience?
- After completion of the Tandem Dive, am I a certified scuba diver?
- Does the Tandem Dive count towards the NAUI Scuba Diver certification?
- Does the supervisory ratio change for repeat Tandem Scuba Diver participants?
- What if I don’t feel comfortable going to a depth of 40 ft (12 m)?
- Will I be attached or connected to my instructor?
Q: Does the Tandem Dive count towards the NAUI Scuba Diver certification?
A: No. Because of the need to introduce skills in confined water, you will not receive credit for a NAUI Scuba Diver course. If you wish to continue the adventure and become a certified diver, Aquatic Dreams Diving can help!
Q: Does the supervisory ratio change for repeat Tandem Scuba Diver participants?
A: No. Even after completion of the tandem dive, you still haven’t been introduced to the skills necessary to operate independently in a buddy team with another non-certified diver.
Q: What if I don’t feel comfortable going to a depth of 40 ft (12 m)?
A: You choose how deep you want to dive. Your instructor will help you descend at a pace and to a depth that is comfortable for you. Some of the best underwater sights are only at a depth of about 20-30 ft! Just the experience of breathing underwater is thrilling and an adventure in itself!
Q: Will I be attached or connected to my instructor?
A: No. For safety purposes, no diver will be attached to the instructor. Your instructor may opt to use a buddy line, which both tandem diver and instructor will hold onto opposite ends.